Galactic Strategic Command Detachment
The Rebel Legion Galactic Strategic Command Detachment (RL GSC) is the officer/commander costume Detachment of the Rebel Legion. The RL GSC is responsible for maintaining and advising the Legion command on costume standards for officer costumes from the Rebel Alliance, Resistance, Galactic Republic, and New Republic. It is also responsible for providing the Legion with qualified individuals for the approval of all future officer costumes. The members of the RL GSC also help new costumers work towards finishing officer and commander costumes, and advise on any changes needed to the standards of all costumes falling under the detachment. The detachment is here to provide both community and a costuming support network.
The Galactic Strategic Command detachment was founded on June 30th, 2010 and has grown to over 200 members with over 400 GSC costumes worldwide. Local Bases and Outposts can form smaller units called command posts. There are currently 8 Command Posts:
- Beggars Canyon Command Post / Mos Eisley Base
Founded: July 16, 2010
- Home One Command Post / Estree Base
Founded: March 30, 2015
- Patriot Command Post / Freedom Base
Founded: August 22, 2010
- Smuggler’s Moon Command Post / Nar Shaddaa Base
Founded: May 15, 2014
- Valiant Command Post / Alderaan Base
Founded: July 14, 2014
- Yavin Command Post / Sunrider Base
Founded: October 9, 2017
- Forest Moon Command Post / Endor Base
Founded: July 25, 2019
- Headquarters Frigate Command Post / Italian Base
Founded: October 23, 2019
Officer Costumes that qualify for RL GSC membership include*
- Old and New Republic Officers such as Captain Panaka, Captain Typho and Admiral Yularen
- Rebel Alliance Officers such as Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, General Dodonna, Major Derlin, Captain Antilles, General Calrissian, and Cassian Andor,
- Resistance Officers such as Vice Admiral Holdo, Poe Dameron, Lieutenant Connix, General Leia, General Finn, Commander Korr Sella, and Admiral Statura
- Neutral faction officers
Officer costumes who are judged in other other categories and primarily belong to other detachments may also join the detachment. Examples of these include:
- General Antoc Merrick
- General Han Solo (Endor)
- Commander Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
- Clone Commanders
- General Leia Organa (Hoth, Briefing Room) – Note: must already be a member of the Rebel Legion Galactic Senate Detachment
*Note: these are examples, not a full list
To join the detachment:
If you wish to join Galactic Strategic Command, all you need is a Star Wars officer costume approved by the Rebel Legion. Just follow these steps:
- Assemble an officer costume according to the Rebel Legion costume standards. If the costume you want to make doesn’t have a costume standard yet, don’t worry! Just collect your reference images and make your costume as close to the original as possible. Remember to share your images with the judges when you submit your costume for approval. You can also share your research and your progress for feedback on the Rebel Commanders sub-forum. This video tutorial shows how to link pictures both when you submit a new costume and in a forum thread. (Please do not use Photobucket! The pop-up ads and watermarks make it virtually unusable for the costume judges.)
- Register for an account on the Rebel Legion forums and submit your costume via the “My Costumes” link near the top. Remember to check that all of your photo links work before submitting.
- Celebrate when your costume is approved!
- Post a link to your approved officer costume in the RL GSC sign-up thread. One of the RL GSC leaders will add you to our usergroup on the forums and then you will be able to access the RL GSC sub-forum.
Current Detachment Command:
- Kristina (RebelLady) [Detachment Commanding Officer]
- Empathy (tenebris) [Detachment Executive Officer]
- You can find details on the full team here.